It’s been a while since I last uploaded a WordPress plugin, and with the release of my new Video Analytics for Cloudflare Stream I ended up making a right mess of repo – all my version control is done in git(hub) but for WordPress you must use SVN. There are a few guides out there but to save getting in a muddle I’m doing some of the steps manually. So here’s my guide – mostly for my own reference!
- In the master git repo create a tag
git tag 2.0and
git push --tags
- Use a seperate folder exclusively for SVN repo, and clone it locally:
svn co https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/plugin-name --username=me --password=12345
- Download the latest version of code from github, and make any modifications for the free version for the WordPress repository
- Manually copy files to the svn folder.
- Update the readme.txt to the latest version, e.g. 2.0.
- Add any new files:
svn add trunk/*
- Commit the change
svn ci -m "add feature, version 2.0"
- Copy the tag
svn cp trunk tags/2.0
- Commit the change to the tag
svn ci -m "tagging version 2.0"